Lynchburg home deemed unsafe after fire

Hannah McComsey

a house that is parked on the side of a building

© Provided by WSET Lynchburg

Fire officials in Lynchburg determined what caused a home in the city to go up in flames.

Greg Wormser, Lynchburg’s Fire Chief, said improperly discarded smoking materials are to blame for the fire at a home along St. Augustine Street on Tuesday.

ALSO READ: Morning Roanoke fire ruled ‘incendiary’

There is a significant amount of damage to the inside and outside of the home, and Lynchburg’s Fire Marshal determined it is not safe to go inside.

Chief Wormser said no one was hurt.

Continue Reading

Microsoft may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through recommended links in this article.

Opens in a new window
Opens an external site
Opens an external site in a new window